Henry Ewart was the second son of James and Nancy Ewart. Henry was born on 15th September 1895 in Bellaghy, County Londonderry. His father was a liner beetler / finisher and the family lived in both Londonderry and Antrim. Henry enlisted in Antrim. Rifleman Henry Ewart was serving with the 11th Battalion of the Royal Irish Rifles when he was wounded. Rifleman Ewart died of his wounds on 10th November 1916. He was 21 years old.
La Plus Douve Farm Cemetery is located 10.5 Kms south of Ieper town centre on a road leading from the Rijselseweg (N365) which connects Ieper to Wijtschate, and on to Armentieres.
From Ieper town centre the Rijselsestraat runs from the market square, through the Lille Gate (Rijselpoort) and directly over the crossroads with the Ieper ring road. The road name then changes to the Rijselseweg. On reaching the town of Mesen the first right hand turning leads onto the Nieuwkerkestraat (N314). 2 Kms along the Nieuwkerkestraat lies the left hand turning onto Plus Douve.
The cemetery lies 600 metres along Plus Douve on the right hand side of the track. Visitors should note there is an 80 metre grassed access path which is unsuitable for vehicles.